Friday, May 11, 2012

'CHI' Town Here I Come...


Today is my last day at home for a while…I am heading to Chicago to give the big city a try! I can’t even tell you how excited I am! For the last week I have been packing to make sure I have everything I need. As you know a girl can’t have too many clothes. Being from Florida my wardrobe consists of sundresses and flip flops and to make it even worse…I work from home so I barely get out of my sundresses or my gym shorts. It is still a little chilly in Chicago so I have to make sure I dress in layers…layers means more suitcases.
Why Chicago you ask? Well for one reason, I absolutely love it and I love the feel of being in the big city. Everything within walking distance, the hustle and bustle, shopping, the arts and of course Starbucks is like two blocks or so from my apartment. You have to understand that I grew up in a little town about 50-miles north of Baltimore, Maryland. Mostly farming communities…the nearest mall to us was a 25-mile drive. Now that I live in Tampa Bay things are much closer but it still has a burb feeling compared to living downtown.
For my Christmas present Richard rented an apartment for a month. It’s a three bedroom duplex a few blocks from Michigan Ave and it is absolutely gorgeous! We can work from anywhere so traveling is something that we love to do. While I have always traveled for work before, I can’t say that I ever took the time to enjoy my destinations. Richard and I work together so we turn every business trip into personal time whenever possible.
I can’t wait to share my adventures with you so stay tuned…I intend to get a Cubbies game in as well as some bike rides along Lake Michigan! Hope to also get a little extra inspiration for writing while I am gone!
See you next week from ‘CHI’ Town!

2 comments:

Conda said...

Have a blast E! I can't wait to catch up when you get back =]

Elizabeth D. Boyle said...

Thanks Conda! Looking forward to catching up as well!