Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Quiet Welcome to Chicago…

My apartment is amazing…yes I think we splurged a little but it was so worth it…my first day was spent unpacking and getting our office set up for Monday. We ran out to the grocery store to get our kitchen stocked; did you know they deliver your groceries right to your apartment? How cool is that? Here I am wondering how the heck you lug your groceries through the streets. They deliver them right to your kitchen counter.  Oh yea…I am really liking this!

We ventured out for dinner to Big Bowl (one of our favorite) for some sangria and appetizers. I love the fact that I can walk anywhere…really never a need to get into a car! Walking hand in hand through the streets of Chicago is exciting as you take in the beautiful architecture, the many restaurants and the people. People of every culture and skin color, wearing clothes from every type of taste you can imagine. My eyes take it all in and it runs through my mind like a screen play. The feeling of exhilaration runs through my body…the feeling of a hustling city excites me, it always has!
We crashed early, only an hour time difference for us but we were exhausted from traveling and running all day. As we settled into bed for my first night in ‘CHI’ town the city lights drifted in through the wooden blinds; normally I want a dark bedroom to sleep…but not tonight. I want the blinds open to soak up the street lights. I fall asleep easily with Richard hugging me...with the sounds of the city below us.
This country-suburban chick had no problem with the sirens reeling by at 2AM or the woman shouting and laughing from the street at 3:30 or so this morning…I just drifted right back to sleep because I am now a city chick!

No comments: